Palm Announces the Treo Comedy Film Festival
In the latest posting on the Official Palm Blog, employee Colleen Werner has announced the first Treo Comedy Film Festival. The deal: create a short film - maximum length 60 seconds (not including credits) - and make it funny. That's funny as in "Ha ha", not funny as in "Volvo driver". There's a whole range of sweet prizes on offer, with the Best Of Festival winner taking away a $5,000 cash prize, a mobile filmmaking toolkit and travel & accommodations for the Los Angeles gala event on October 18th.
There are three categories under which you can submit your film:
- This Mobile Life - films that focus on modern mobility-related issues
- Retake - parodies, basically. Reshoot a favorite scene from a movie, TV show or commercial.
- Animation - an animated short on any topic you choose. No nudity, foul language or graphic violence, so that steamy Treo-on-iPhone adult movie you were thinking of is out. Way out.
A dedicated website has been set up at www.treofilm.com, and you can find the full terms and conditions of the contest there. Entrants must be residents of either the United States, Canada, or the United Kingdom, so citizens of other nationalities - such as Yours Truly - will be left out in the cold this time round. Sniff. You don't have to use a Treo or other mobile phone to create your movie, and entries close on September 14th.
Article Comments(13 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf