ALP Named an Orange Approved Platform
ACCESS today announced that Orange has named the Access Linux Platform (ALP) as an Orange approved platform across its network. In addition, the two companies are working together to develop the Orange Application Package for ACCESS Linux Platform-based mobile phones.
Designed to accelerate time to market for ALP-based mobile phones and devices, the Orange Application Package for ALP is being designed to run on top of ALP. This package, containing applications optimized to deliver the Orange experience, will provide handset and mobile device manufacturers with a turnkey mobile Linux platform. This platform can then be used to easily and quickly develop ALP-based Orange Signature Devices.
ACCESS and Orange will jointly work on the creation of this customized suite of applications, including third party applications. ACCESS will leverage its professional services team to help device vendors integrate this suite onto their design. This is expected to provide a time-to-market and compatibility advantage.
"Orange is committed to developing innovative and exciting mobile applications," said Yves Maitre, vice president, devices, Orange. "This is part of our wider Signature strategy, which delivers a consistent customer experience across a variety of devices and applications. Having ALP as an Orange approved platform and working with ACCESS to develop and deliver the Orange Application Package for ALP, will enable us to foster the growth of the mobile Linux market."
"As a commercial-grade, flexible, open, robust and standards-based Linux platform, ALP is designed to support the goal of operators to offer revenue-generating services, applications and content while providing handset manufacturers with faster time-to-market, " said Toru Arakawa, CEO and co-founder, ACCESS. "Orange is always at the forefront of delivering best-in-class solutions to its customers and partners. We are pleased that ALP has been named an Orange approved platform and we are excited to be working with them on the Orange Application Package-a real world demonstration of the benefits we believe ALP provides."
Article Comments(1 comment)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah