Emblaze First Else Officially Shelved
Else Mobile, the company behind the First Else smartphone prototype, have announced that they are abandoning their hardware intentions. The company has issued a press release, via engadget, stating that the project is likely forever DOA confirming earlier reports of the phones vapory demise.
Due to critical delays in deliveries and the current status of the project, the board has now decided to cease any further investment towards manufacturing of the First ELSE mobile device and to concentrate efforts only on licensing the ELSE Intuition platform and technology in order to realize its potential upside.
The First Else would have been one of the first and only devices we're aware of to ship with a version of Access' Linux Platform. The long rumored device officially debuted last November with a promise of a 2010 2Q ship date which never materialized.
Article Comments(44 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf