New Version of Google Maps for Palm OS Released
Google has quietly released an updated version of their popular Google Maps Mobile app for Palm OS-based devices. While Google's mobile map page does not indicate actual version numbers, a download and quick check of the Palm OS PRC file does indicate that a new version, 126.96.36.199 has been posted within the past few days.
On the Google Mobile Maps Treo-specific page, Google hints at speed enhancements in this latest version, along with real-time traffic reports and detailed directions. Google also touts "shorter startup time" and "stylus integration" as enhancements in this latest version of the app.
A quick run through the updated version of the app does indeed validate Google's performance improvement claims. Additionally, several new icons have been added to the top of the scren permitting quick access to location and business search as well as direction request and the taffic info toggle button.
Google Mobile Maps can be freely downloaded from www.google.com/gmm/treo within Blazer and installed on a Treo without Hotsyncing due to an integrated auto-installer. GMM is compatible with all Palm OS Treos from the 650 onward and requires ~366k of available device memory.
Article Comments(37 comments)
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -heavyduty
- Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -zinzan
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud