Ed Colligan States Palm Not For Sale
Lost amidst Thursday's hoopla over the launch of the new Treo 680 was a statement by Palm CEO Ed Colligan after the press conference. Colligan emphatically told a Reuters reporter that the company is not currently for sale nor had they made any overtures to find a buyer. He did not delve into further details but merely stressed that Palm intends to follow their current plan of action at expanding the Treo smartphone's foothold in the market.
Chief Executive Ed Colligan said speculation that Palm might be a takeover target had likely swelled because the company's stock price, well-known brand and solid cash position have created a perception that it is a "good value."
"The company is not for sale," he said. "We have not been out pursuing (a deal). Our strategy is to execute against our plan."
Article Comments(24 comments)
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W