Unofficial Fix For Recent Treo Security Hole
PIC reader and Palm OS developer Donald Kirker has released a patch for the Treo security vulnerability recently disclosed by Symantec. Previously, one could bypass the Treo's security lockout while on a call and use the Find application to search the databases for public records, potentially exposing sensitive information. The new patch disables the Find application while the device is locked, protecting your data from prying eyes.
Please note this is an unofficial patch, created by an independent developer and is not supported by Palm in any way. Use at your own risk!
Article Comments(14 comments)
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W