Palm Updates Vista Support Page
While anxious Palm OS users continue to await a proper update of the Palm Desktop software, Palm has at least taken the opportunity to update the Vista support section of their website. The support page has been devided into sections concerning specific issues and devices: Palm Desktop, Outlook 2007 (see the recent update), Palm application installation, Documents To Go, PocketMirror, LifeDrive & T5-specific issues, and tethered DUN on Treos.
Palm's list of known incompatibilities with Vista is surprisingly helpful and thorough, though far from complete. A helpful how-to for establishing a Bluetooth DUN connection is also given on this page. This could be a very helpful guide for for laptop PC users due to the lack of hardwired Palm OS Treo DUN support in Vista but Palm's how-to page (dated October '06) only refers to accomplishing this under Windows XP.
As of this writing, there is still no release date or official word from Palm regarding the actual availability of new Vista-compliant version of Palm Desktop and/or which Palm devices will or will not specifically be supported under Vista.
Article Comments(1 comment)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife