Palm Releases Treo 680 ROM Update for Cingular/AT&T
Palm has released a new ROM update for the Treo 680 smartphone on the AT&T (formerly Cingular) network. The update includes a number of previous updates, and adds improved power management, bug fixes and updated AT&T branding. Read on for a full list of changes.
Palm provides an installer for Windows XP users, and provides instructions for using a blank SD card for Mac OS and Windows Vista systems. Palm recommends setting aside 30 minutes for the update process. When completed, the update brings the 680's firmware version number to R01.34 and the software to Treo680-1.09-ATT.
BlackBerry Connect and Good Mobile Messaging users will need to re-install each product after performing the update.
Palm lists the following enhancements included in the update:
- Improved power management for better battery life.
- Camera update for improved battery life (available previously as a standalone update).
- Helps correct distorted characters that can occur in the title bar of the Phone application.
- Helps fix device "freezing" that may occur under certain conditions.
- System Lockout improvement for increased security.
- Support for the new Daylight Saving Time legislation (available previously as a standalone update).
- Provides better support for networks unique to some Caribbean, Latin American, and Asian countries.
- Updates Cingular branding, replacing it with the new AT&T branding.
Article Comments(8 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife