Sprint Treo 700p MR Update Posted
The update includes a large number of updates and performance improvements including updates to the Phone application, Blazer, messaging, Versamail, Bluetooth and SDHC SD card support. Read on for a full list of features.
UPDATE: Palm has temporarily removed the maintenance release to investigate reports of problems with the updater.
The 700p Update for Sprint brings the device software up to v1.10-SPNT. Palm provides an installer for Windows 2000/XP, while Vista and Mac OS users can perform the update on device with a blank memory card.
The list of changes include:
- Performance improvements to phone application
- System improvements to minimize skipping during music playback and eliminate audio delays experienced on some games
- Performance improvement to minimize delays experienced when loading Blazer browser
- Support for new daylight savings time legislation, plus a simplified Date/Time preference panel
- Increased expansion card support including 4GB SD cards and SDHC cards
- Resolution of certain "wake up" issues that may occur with certain third party push email solutions
- Improved handling of SMS messages to lessen stalling of messages.
- For customers using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP 2 and above, an update to VersaMail client now includes an update to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync which adds Microsoft’s Direct Push Technology for push email, calendar and contacts. Also adding other EAS functionality such as remote wipe, policy support, and global address lookup
Bluetooth wireless technology enhancements:
- Increases list of supported/compatible Bluetooth wireless carkits, including BMW and Toyota/Lexus (Denso)
- Improves overall user experience with supported Bluetooth wireless carkits and headsets (e.g. allow user to manually connect / disconnect to a Bluetooth device)
- Additional Bluetooth wireless functionality (e.g. audio routing to Bluetooth headset even when wired headset is plugged in)
Thanks to everyone who sent in tips.
Article Comments(29 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf