Additional Treo 800w Specs Revealed?
Gizmodo has posted another update to the recent rash of new Palm Treo rumors. Still leaked from an anonymous Sprint source, this latest report reveals a solid set of improvements over the existing Windows Mobile 5-powered Treo 700w/wx models. Chief amongst the improvements are EVDO Rev. A , a 320x320 LCD, and built-in wi-fi and GPS.
If this latest rumor proves to be correct, the Treo 800w will be the first Palm device to be Rev. A-enabled. It also stands to be Palm’s first 320x320 non-Palm OS device and the only Treo with standard wi-fi and GPS. Of course, past reports for earlier devices have hinted at built-in GPS that ended up being nothing more than the AGPS emergency locater function standard on every cellular handset for the past few years so time will tell if this turns out to be true, full-featured navigational GPS receiver integration.
While a Windows Mobile 6 upgrade has been announced for the GSM Treo 750, the 700w/wx CDMA handsets were mysteriously ignored during this update process. With this latest info leak on the reported 800w on Sprint, the reasons behind the lack of a WM6 upgrade path for the existing 700 models becomes more understandable. Also, the Treo 700w/wx are the only non-EOL’d Treos in the Sprint lineup with external antennae so a new device with the new 680/750/755 formfactor seems imminent. No word as of yet on a Verizon version of the Treo 800w since last week’s report.
Article Comments(22 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife