Unlocked Treo 680 Updated Posted
Palm has posted a new ROM update for users of the unlocked GSM Treo 680 smartphone. The version 1.12 software update offers Microsoft Exchange Direct Push Technology, power saving enhancements, support for larger SD & SDHC cards, enhanced ringtone support and incorporates previous updates and security patches.
The full description of updates from Palm includes:
- Corporate email as it arrives – Have your corporate email delivered to you with Microsoft Direct Push Technology. Accept or decline meeting invites and access your company directory on the go.
- Power saving enhancements – Helps conserve battery life with improved power management and updated default system power preferences.
- Supports larger expansion cards – Supports up to 4GB SD expansion cards (including the SDHC format), sold separately.
- Enhanced ringtone support – MP3 and other sound files purchased from the web or sent from friends can now be set as ringtones and alerts (formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, MIDI, WAV, and AMR).
- Three updates in one – This update incorporates three previously released software updates: Treo 680 Camera Update (January 2007), Treo 680 Security Patch (May 2007), and Treo 680 Unlocked GSM smartphone SMS Update (July 2007).
Treo 680 Specs
The Treo 680 is powered by Palm OS Garnet v5.4.9. It runs a 312 MHz Intel processor and has 64MB of user available storage memory and 64MB of SDRAM. The screen is a 320 x 320 pixel color touch-screen display. The 680 features a full size SD slot for memory expansion. It has a slimmer 1200 mAh rechargeable battery for up to 4 hours talk time. Bluetooth v1.2 wireless and IR are included as well as a VGA digital camera.