Sprint Posts a Palm Pre Teaser Page
Wasting no time after the announcement of Palm's next-gen hardware and software, Sprint has posted a teaser page showing the Palm Pre in all of its keyboard-exposed glory. While the device is still undergoing certification and final testing, as stated by Ed Colligan earlier today at Palm's event, they claim to be doing everything in their power to bring this highly-anticipated device to market "as soon as possible" within the first half of 2009. Sprint has a handful of key specs, including the amusing bullet point of a "A wicked-smart OS" as well as a sign-up form to receive advance notification of the device's release date. Palm has also put up a similar page and details on its own site as well.
Sprint is going to be the exclusive carrier partner for the Palm Pre, a full EVDO Rev. A device with full 802.11b/g and GPS capability and 8GB of integrated storage. While no mention was made during today's presentation about any future carrier partners for the Pre, Palm's full text press release on their web site does make mention of a version of the Pre with a HSDPA/UMTS radio onboard, suggesting that a GSM variant of the device is coming in the future, presumably once Sprint's period of initial exclusivity has lapsed, as we saw last year with Palm's GSM Centro following Sprint's model by a period of four months.
Article Comments(12 comments)
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah
- Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Gekko