Movistar Picks up the Palm Pre in Spain and Latin America
Numerous Spanish media outlets are reporting today that Telefónica's Movistar will exclusively offer the Palm Pre in Spain, UK and Latin America. The Spanish newspaper Expansion reports (Translated) that Telefónica will offer the Pre in Spain "before summer."
O2 in the UK
In addition, the paper also reports that Telefónica's subsidiary brand O2, will exclusively market the Pre in the UK, beating out its rival Vodafone. Movistar will also have the exlusive on the Palm Pre in many Latin American counties.
GSM Palm Pre
A GSM version of the Palm Pre is in the works and was recently spotted at the 2009 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. At that time the Pre's in use at MWC were seen running on the Vodafone network, however Palm refused to talk about any specific carrier deals during the show.
It's unclear at this point if the "before summer" timeframe given in the source article is an artifact of translation or simply a rumor. Palm has yet to issue an official statement, however numerous sources and articles have been published in the Spanish media.
Gracias a José Peña de la punta.
Article Comments(4 comments)
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler