PreDevCamp Gets Scheduled Amidst Drama
The various preDevCamp community developer meet-ups have now been scheduled for Saturday, June 13th. The community organized event will gather interested webOS/Pre developers in various locations around the planet. The announcement also comes with a bit of controversy as a dispute became public concerning the chief organizers and various staff at Palm Inc.
We've fought an uphill struggle with Palm as they tried to make up their minds as to whether they wanted to support this community or not. Unfortunately, Palm doesn't quite understand the value of a community like preDevCamp and, having cut back and forth for quite some time, have finally made it clear that they have no interest in actively supporting preDevCamp.
Writing in a blog post announcing the preDevCamp date, the organizers each detail their take on yet another a case of public relations gone foul. The group was concerned about the level of official support from Palm Inc, and got cut off after Palm claimed they violated an NDA agreement.
Article Comments(7 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife