Palm Focusing Exclusively on webOS Going Forward
During today's investor quarterly conference call, Palm Chairman and CEO Jon Rubinstein announced that Palm will be focusing exclusively on webOS going forward. Rubinstein stated that all engineering and product development from here on out will be dedicated to webOS platform. His exact comments were:
Given the importance of webOS to our overall strategy, we've made the decision to dedicate all future development resources to the evolution of webOS, which means that going forward our roadmap will include only Palm webOS- based devices.
The remarks bring an uneventful end to Palm's Windows Mobile experiment and long history of Palm OS based devices. While there are still some Palm Centro's and Treo Pro's actively being sold in current channels, these now seem to be destined to be the last of their kind.
Article Comments(39 comments)
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler