Homebrew Installers: The Latest From Preware & WOSQI
Everybody's favourite homebrew installers have both received some significant upgrades in recent days, with version 2.9 of the desktop powerhouse WebOS Quick Install adding webOS 1.3.1 support and new patch recovery options, and version 0.9.9 of the nifty on-device Preware receiving a significant speed boost when navigating menus and ready to add theme categorising in 0.9.10 (as you can see in my teensy thumbnail image on the right). The changelog for WOSQI is published after the break.
Meanwhile, Eric Gaudet's lauded Virtual Keyboard has been successfully ported to webOS 1.3.1, so Pre owners can all once again enjoy the best of both worlds. And moderator milominderbinder of the PreCentral forums has thrown together an excellent "Getting Started" guide for Preware, which now has a permanent link at the aptly-titled install.preware.org and aims to help newbies find their feet in the wonderful world of OTA homebrewing.
WebOS Quick Install Version 2.9 Changelog
- WebOS 1.3.1 compatible
- Added support for patch metadata (like generated by Unified Diff Creator)
- Reports errors when remounting the root partition
- Added support for webOS version checking for Tweaks Online Repo tab
- Fixed theme removal with themes that include patches
- Added EPR button
- Various minor fixes/optimizations