Rumor: Details on Upcoming HandEra Device
According to PalmQ Online, a Russian site, someone who is testing a pre-release version of a new color model from HandEra was willing to leak some details. According to this source, it will have a 240 by 320 pixel screen. This TFT display will be backlit and will be capable of displaying 64 thousand colors.
It will run Palm OS 4.1, have 8 MB of RAM, and 4 MB of flash ROM. It will use a 33 MHz Motorola Dragonball processor.
It has a great deal in common with the HandEra 330. It has a jog wheel and, of course, still has a Compact Flash slot and an SD/MMC one. It uses the HotSync port from the Palm III series, so current 330 owners can still use their peripherals.
One point of difference from its predecessor is that it has a built-in Li-ion battery.
The casing is 4.75 by 3.2 by .7 inches, which is slightly thicker than a 330. It will weigh 5.65 ounces.
While the source didn't know what this new color model would be called, they were able to say it would cost about $450.
A couple of months ago, the president of HandEra said his company would certainly be releasing a handheld running OS 5, though he wouldn't go into specifics.
Before some suspicious person points out that the PalmQ article was posted right before April Fool's Day, I spoke with the owner of the site and he swears the story is legit. -Ed
Article Comments(101 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah
- Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Gekko