Rumor: Images of Color HandEra Device Leaked
Someone who says he is the biggest Handera dealer in Germany has posted pictures and some details of what he says is a prototype color handheld from HandEra in PDABuzz's forums. According to him, the device runs Palm OS 4.1, has 16 MB of RAM, and 4 MB of ROM. It uses the Palm III connector which HandEra has modified to run at USB speeds. It uses an internal li-ion battery.
A few months ago, details of a color HandEra prototype that sounds virtually identical to this one were posted on PalmQ Online, a Russian site. According to PalmQ, the device is very similar to the the HandEra 330. It has a jog wheel and, of course, still has a Compact Flash slot and an SD/MMC one. The casing is 4.75 by 3.2 by .7 inches, which is slightly thicker than a 330. It weighs 5.65 ounces.
According to the German HandEra dealer, this unit might never be produced. HandEra needs dealers to commit to buying 50 thousand of them before it will begin production. The German dealer is willing to buy 10 thousand of them but is looking for dealers willing to buy the others.
In February, the president of HandEra said his company would certainly be releasing a handheld running OS 5, though he wouldn't go into specifics.
Thanks to the numerous people who sent in tips on this. -Ed
Article Comments(174 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah