Rumor: Sony Clie TG50, T Series Replacement?
Information about a possible Sony Clie t665 replacement was leaked to the web today in a FCC filling according to this PCWorld article. The Sony Clie PEG-TG50 features an integrated keyboard, bluetooth and a flip cover.
Very few details are known about the rumored PEG-TG50, other than what we can gather from the picture. The TG50 received approval from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Tuesday. Because the device has a Bluetooth radio, Sony is required to obtain FCC approval before it can put the product on sale in the U.S. It is unknown what OS version and RAM/Processor the device uses.
It looks like the handheld has the typical high-res 320x320 screen. There is a row of application buttons below the screen and a thumb-sized keyboard, similar to the keyboards found on the NR, NZ and NX clies. Like the SJ33 that was just announced in Asia, the TG50 has an integrated flip lid.
Products approved by the FCC are typically months or even weeks away from public release. Previously the FCC leaked pictures and details on the Palm i705, Kyocera 7135 and other handhelds months before their official announcement.
Thanks to Stephen MAK and Foo Fighter for the tips!
Article Comments(92 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain