No Codewarrior v9 for the Mac OS
Metrowerks has announced in a statement to developers that they will not release a new version of CodeWarrior for the Palm OS platform for Macintosh operating systems. CodeWarrior is one of the leading commercial development tools for creating Palm OS applications.
CodeWarrior Development Studio for Palm OS Platform v9 was recently released for Windows in December. Metrowerks explained that the number of active Palm OS developers on the Mac platform had greatly diminished in proportion to the large population now developing for Palm OS devices under Microsoft Windows, and it is no longer cost-effective to support the Mac version of the integrated development environment (IDE).
The decision makes CodeWarrior for Palm OS v8 the last release for the Macintosh platform. Metrowerkls will continue to support CodeWarrior v8 for the Mac OS through the normal technical support channels over the next year.
Metrowerks has expectations that CodeWarrior for Palm on Windows will run on Virtual PC but this has not be fully validated yet, as a possible option for Mac developers.
PalmSource maintains a broad list of developer tools for different languages and platforms.
Article Comments(45 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -PacManFoo
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -heavyduty
- Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -zinzan
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR