Web Pro to Power Future palmOne Browsers
Building on their existing alliance, Palm, Inc. and Novarra, Inc. announced that specific future Palm handhelds will feature the next generation of the Palm Web Pro browser. Currently, Web Pro 1.0, by Novarra, ships on the Palm Tungsten T, Tungsten T2 and Tungsten W.
Novarra's technology has been very well-received by developers and Palm's customers. "We've had great customer response on the user experience," said Steve Manser, senior vice president of product development for Palm Solutions Group. "With wireless technology becoming more pervasive, a solid client/browser is essential to a strong wireless offering. We're very impressed with Novarra's technology, their flexibility with our platform needs and their ability to continually meet aggressive milestones with quality products."
No new details on the new browser features were announced.
Article Comments(13 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -heavyduty
- Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -zinzan
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud