Web Pro to Power Future palmOne Browsers
Building on their existing alliance, Palm, Inc. and Novarra, Inc. announced that specific future Palm handhelds will feature the next generation of the Palm Web Pro browser. Currently, Web Pro 1.0, by Novarra, ships on the Palm Tungsten T, Tungsten T2 and Tungsten W.
Novarra's technology has been very well-received by developers and Palm's customers. "We've had great customer response on the user experience," said Steve Manser, senior vice president of product development for Palm Solutions Group. "With wireless technology becoming more pervasive, a solid client/browser is essential to a strong wireless offering. We're very impressed with Novarra's technology, their flexibility with our platform needs and their ability to continually meet aggressive milestones with quality products."
No new details on the new browser features were announced.
Article Comments(13 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah
- Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Gekko