New Handheld Software Updates
Some of the latest handhelds to hit store shelves already have a few software updates out now. Palm has released two updates for their new fall handhelds the Tungsten T3 and the Tungsten E. Sony also has posted a patch that resolves an issue with the UX series and a few others.
Palm has posted a security update specifically for the T3. It adds 128-bit data encryption. intrusion protection and faster password entry. With the security update, when your handheld is locked, your data will remain encrypted until the correct password is entered.You can choose to encrypt all of your data or only selected applications. The choice of algorithms includes AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) or RSA Security's RC4.
Palm has released a SDIO Update for the Tungsten E. The updated contains a set of improvements for the SDIO driver. It adds support for a number of current and future cards and MMC cards larger than 64MB. The update is only for the TE.
Outlook synchronization conduit
Palm has also released an updated Outlook synchronization conduit (v1.01) for the T3 and TE. It fixes issues with the current conduit and adds support for synchronizing with Outlook 2003. This update will only install on systems with the Palm Outlook Conduits previously installed.
Sony Clie Updates
Sony has released a update for the UX series which fixes a Palm Desktop issue. It stops the "C:\Program Files\Sony" folder from opening on startup. It is available from Sony Support.
Article Comments(25 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife