Rumor: palmOne Zire 31 and Tungsten E2
A leaked photograph and details of a new palmOne Zire model has been posted on a popular Chinese PDA message-board. The shows a palmOne branded Zire 31, with a blue case, color screen, SD slot and a 200 MHz Intel CPU. Additional rumors point to a upcoming wireless TE 2.
palmOne Zire 31
The rumors comes from a thread on TomPDA. The initial specs reveal that it will be powered by a 200 MHz Intel chip. It will have 16 MB of SDRAM, 4MB/8MB FLASH ROM OR Mask ROM, a 160x160 pixel TFT color display, and a USB/DC connections similar to the TE.
The image showed a pre-production prototype with a blue hued case, 2 application buttons, a center navigator and a silkscreen input area. The model is also said to have a SD slot on the top similar to the one on the TT3 which has a built in dust cover. It is powered by a internal rechargeable battery.
The pictures was reportedly taken with a Palm Zire 71 in China. Most palmOne handhelds are now produced and built in China. Pricing or exact availability is not known at this time, thought it is reasonable to speculate the Zire 31 would be part of the spring product release cycle.
There are additional unverifiable rumors from the same source on a next generation TE handheld. Internally called the TE 2, it is rumored to have built-in Bluetooth, a 320 x 480 wide-screen display, and also use a Intel processor.
Thanks to Tommy for the tip.
Article Comments(88 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah
- Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Gekko