Quake, Doom and Hexen ports for Palm OS
A Palm OS developer in France has ported 3 classic PC first person shooter games over to the Palm OS. Original copies of Quake, Doom and Hexen can now be run on most Palm OS 5 handhelds.
The Developer known as Yoyofr has released three classic 3D games for Palm OS in one day. Building on the Zodiac ZQuake work of Jeff Mitchel (aka 'Skeezix') and the developer known as 'Squidge'), Yoyofr announced that he would port this to non-Zodiac Palm OS devices. He released a Quake port, along with the bonus releases of classic 3D shooters Hexen and Doom.
There are screenshots and downloads all of these from his site. The games require valid mod / pak files from the original games or at least the shareware / demo versions). See the website for full installation instructions.
Update: Updated versions of these game ports can now be found at MetaViewSoft.
Thanks to rsc1000 for the tip.
Article Comments(23 comments)
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -Gekko
- features? we don't need no stinkin features! -Gekko