Comments on: DOOM Ported To Palm Pre, Is Hardware-Accelerated
What's SDL? It stands for Simple Directmedia Layer, and as the website will tell you, it's a cross-platform software library that enables low-level hardware access - which as of version 1.3.5 appears to have been baked into webOS's Luna framework. And what better way to test this new functionality than with a port of iD's seminal shooter, the legendary DOOM? zsoc was able to throw together a webOS port of the game today, and although it currently requires a bit of Terminal trickery to get it running, the proof is in the pud: behold the screenshot after the break! DOOM, running within a webOS Mojo-ized card and fully controllable via the keyboard. Brings a tear to the eye, it does.
Updated with video after the break!
Article Comments(28 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf