Comments on: Updated Garnet VM for Nokia N900
Access has quietly released a new version of their Palm OS Garnet Virtual Machine for maemo powered Nokia devices. Now up to version 6, Garnet VM Beta 6 1.05b (as it's formally titled) brings official support for Nokia's N900 smartphone. PIC had previously reported on an unofficial workaround back in December. Thankfully, compatibility with the older Nokia N-series devices has been maintained, so owners of the N810, N800 and N770 Internet tablets who happen to use Palm OS are still in luck.
Access' release notes are scant, but the new version is still a beta and dated May 27th, 2010, and lists only "stability improvements" in the changelog, much like the previous release of the Garnet VM that occurred in December 2009.
Article Comments(15 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf