Updated Garnet VM for Nokia N900
Access has quietly released a new version of their Palm OS Garnet Virtual Machine for maemo powered Nokia devices. Now up to version 6, Garnet VM Beta 6 1.05b (as it's formally titled) brings official support for Nokia's N900 smartphone. PIC had previously reported on an unofficial workaround back in December. Thankfully, compatibility with the older Nokia N-series devices has been maintained, so owners of the N810, N800 and N770 Internet tablets who happen to use Palm OS are still in luck.
Access' release notes are scant, but the new version is still a beta and dated May 27th, 2010, and lists only "stability improvements" in the changelog, much like the previous release of the Garnet VM that occurred in December 2009.
The Nokia N900 is currently shipping worldwide. It is available today in the US at Amazon.com for around $459. The N900 is a GSM phone with a 3.5 inch capacitative touchscreen display with a 800 x 480 pixel resolution. It comes with 32GB of internal memory with microSD expansion, a slide out qwerty keyboard, WiFi, Bluetooth and a 5 megapixel autofocus camera with video capture.
Article Comments(15 comments)
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko
- HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -wmckelvey
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator -HyperScheduler