FCC Docs Suggest a North American GSM Pre 2
As of right now, the only North American carrier specifically planning to offer a Pre 2 is Verizon Wireless, though the official HP/Palm Pre 2 announcement did reveal an unspecified Canadian carrier would carry the device at some point in the future.
Thanks to some clever sleuthing by Engadget, another possible upcoming Pre 2 variant has been revealed via the usual FCC certification documents. The P102UNA, an AT&T-compatible (but not T-Mobile, sadly) 3G GSM/UMTS handset has been certified, alongside the existing CDMA EVDO version.
Furthermore, another story from PreCentral reports that Palm's Canadian page has some commented-out HTML code suggesting that "Rodger's network" (sp) and "AT&T network" could be future homes for the Pre 2 in addition to Verizon.
Article Comments(13 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife