HP Execs Hint at a WebOS Tablet in the Near Future
While CES 2011 has come and gone with no official Palm-related announcements from HP, WebOS tidbits continue to trickle out in advance of HP's "WebOS announcement event" slated for February 9th.
Last week, HP's Phil McKinney reiterated HP's promise of bringing a WebOS tablet to market in 2011. Coming via a The Next Bench post detailing his predictions for CES 2011, McKinney told HP blogger-in-chief Darren Gladstone that HP wouldn't have anything to show at CES 2011 then offered a link to a recent Palm blog post hinting at all things tablet-related.
Then last Friday at CES, HP's Todd Bradley told CNBC that HP are "…totally focused on the tablet market" and the promising future of WebOS and its relation to "other large-screen devices". The main highlights from the video interview focus around the number of announcements poised to occur at HP's February event in San Francisco. The nearly 8-minute long video is definitely worth checking out for Bradley's comments about the respective strengths of tablets vs PCs.
"...we've announced February 9th we have a broad public show & set of announcements, broadly about the future of webOS and the breath of products that it'll effect and enable."
Bradley then went on to state: "WebOS was the strategic reason we acquired Palm over the summer...very feature-rich with products like Synergy...the only true multi-tasking operating system"
With RIM's Playbook still several months away and an unsurprising dearth of production-ready tablets running Android Honeycomb, HP still has a very worthy shot at carving out a #2 spot in the nascent non-iOS tablet market, especially if they can deliver a polished product to market in a timely fashion.
Article Comments(23 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah