More Details on the Final TouchPad Production Run
Taiwanese Industry publication DigiTimes has posted a new article today giving some possible quantities alongside a timeframe for the "final batch" of clearance-priced TouchPads. According to the article, late October is when eager WebOS fans will have an opportunity to snag a final new TouchPad, as HP is planning on aiding their component supplies by assembling 100,000 to 200,000 unassembled 9.7-inch TouchPads. No additional information was given regarding the allocation of 16, 32, and 64GB versions or if any HSPA 4G TouchPads would be included in this final run.
Another interesting bit of info from the DigiTimes article cites an Inventec source in stating that that the smaller 7-inch TouchPad "Go/Opal" has indeed been abandoned and no units will be produced. Today's update comes on the heels of another DigiTimes article from Tuesday that reported HP's suppliers in Taiwan (including ODM Inventec) are sitting on various components for approximately 100,000 7-inch TouchPads that were originally slated to begin production at the end of this quarter. It is highly unlikely at this point that a production-ready 7" TouchPad will ever see the light of day, unlike the more established 9.7" versions.
Article Comments(36 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife