TRG Products Changes Name to HandEra
TRG Products, maker of the TRGpro, is refocusing its efforts on selling its handheld. As part of this process, it is hiring more salespeople, having its engineers focus on improving the TRGpro, stopping its contract work for other companies, and even renaming itself to HandEra to better reflect its focus on handheld computer products. This news comes in a Des Moines Register article.
The company has already registered its new domain but the site just has the message "Coming soon... a new era in handheld computing". It isn't clear yet whether the handheld will also have a name change, though it seems likely.
Recently, rumors have been circulating that the company was going to come out with a new version of the TGRpro, with a better screen and an updated design. The company has been very quiet for the past few months, not doing a press release since November.
The TRGpro differentiates itself from all other Palm models by having a CompactFlash slot built into the device. This allows additional memory and other add-ons to be used. They sell for $300 on the company's website.
A company spokesperson declined to supply specific sales or revenue figures, but said that sales of the TRGpro have nearly doubled every month since September.
Allen Penkake, the HandEra's vice president of sales, said, "We are not doing the $149 organizer. If that is what you are going for, our product is probably not the best for you. If you are going for future expansion and more functionality than a standard organizer, the TRGpro is your product."
Article Comments(12 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife