Palm m515 Comparison Pictures
Retail stores around the U.S. and even some in Canada are beginning to jump the gun on Palm and put the m515 on display a few days early. This means it it now possible to compare the screens of the m505 and the m515. The m515's sidelight has three possible settings: High, Low, and Off. On High, the m515's screen is noticeably brighter than the m505's. (See image at left.)
With the sidelight off, both appear almost identical. (See image here.) In fact, the screens appear to be just about the same, with the only difference being the brighter sidelight.
As has been said numerous times before, the m515 has 16 MB of RAM and runs Palm OS 4.1. Both the m505 and the m515 get the exact same score on Benchmark 2.0.
The casings are also very similar. There may be a very slight difference in color but this is more likely caused by different production runs than anything planned. Despite some reports that the m515 has a rougher surface than the m505, that wasn't the case.
The m515 doesn't officially go on sale until Monday, when Palm will announce it. Nevertheless, as mentioned earlier, some stores already have them available. The suggested retail price is $400, the same as the m505.
Sorry the pictures are a bit fuzzy. I've got a new digital camera and I'm still getting used to it. The black band across the pictures is the plastic strip the store uses as theft prevention. -Ed
Article Comments(213 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife