Rumor: Bluetooth Memory Stick Available Soon Outside Japan
According to an anonymous source, Sony is close to releasing its Bluetooth Memory Stick in Europe. If this report is correct, it will be available in about a month for between £130 and £150 inc VAT.
This might be an indication that the company will be releasing it in the U.S. at about the same time, but this isn't definite. Bluetooth has a much larger foothold in Europe than it does in the U.S.
In March, Sony began selling the PEGA-MSB1, its Bluetooth Memory Stick, only in Japan. It allows Sony's handhelds to wirelessly connect to Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones to check email and even surf the Web. It can also connect to other peripherals like printers as long as they use Bluetooth as well.
Brando is already offering the Japanese version of the MSB1 on his webstore, which will work with non-Japanese handhelds. It is $210.
Bluetooth is a low-powered, short-range wireless network technology best suited for mobile devices, as they may not have enough power to support 802.11b signals. It creates a Personal Area Network (PAN) by directly connecting two devices together within a range of approximately 10 to 100 meters depending on power levels. It is also being used as a networking option for mobile devices.
Article Comments(36 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife