Palm Conducting a Times Square Marketing Push
Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:38:36 PM
Hi there guys, was taking some out-of-town friends around NYC today for some sight-seeing and ran into a large group of people wearing snazzy Palm 'uniforms' in the middle of Times Square. They were giving out Palm branded lip-balm, bags, and other goodies, and demo-ing the Pre Plus to passers by, and had acquired a good-sized crowd. Interestingly they also had 4-5 'Smart' Cars all decked out in Palm wrap-arounds. We were on our way somewhere and I forgot I had my camera so I don't have any shots, but I briefly talked with one of the Palm reps and they seemed very knowledgeable and friendly and said they'd be there for a few days (probably taking advantage of the Memorial Day tourist crowd).
They are giving away 8 Pré's per day via an electronic raffle that they can enter you for (you give them your email). So if you're in NYC this weekend check it out. I think they have a billboard in Times Square too. All in all it seemed like they had someone with half a brain planning the event. Okay, have a great weekend!
Article Comments(25 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife