HP Chief: Expect webOS Powered Slates, Printers
During HP's earnings conference call today, HP CEO Mark Hurd spoke a bit on the Palm acquisition and some of HP plans for its new assets. During his opening remarks he mentions a bit about how HP will utilize webOS saying (via CNET) also tweeted by HP:
"In order to enhance our intellectual property...in the connected-mobility space. We expect to leverage webOS into a variety of form factors, including slates and Web-connected printers, […] "With a whole series of Web-connected printers, as they connect to the Web, they need an OS."
HP's Todd Bradley already strongly hinted at webOS on tablet like devices from the beginning saying HP would "invest heavily" in webOS technology. In the financial department, HP had an impressive second quarter with net revenue of $30.8 billion, up 13%, or $3.5 billion, from a year earlier with strong double digit growth across all regions.
Article Comments(37 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain