Project Ares 1.0 Released
Palm's innovative new development tool for webOS is now out of beta and has officially gone 1.0. Project Ares is a complete webOS development environment in a web browser. Its aim is to simplify and lower the entry barrier for developing webOS applications by allowing developers to code, debug and build webOS apps within a standard desktop web browser.
Version 1.0 has added a number of new features and tools for developers. Palm has posted article covering the highlights of the new release as well as a number of developer tutorials. Some of the additions include new interface free components, revised toolbars, find and replace, JSLint integration, Google Maps wrappers, code beautification functions and lots of bug fixes.
Article Comments(7 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain