Palm Unveils Ares, Web Based webOS Development Tool
Palm has released the first public beta of its innovative new development tool for webOS. Called Project Ares, this new webOS development environment runs completely in a desktop browser. Its aim is to simplify and lower the entry barrier for developing webOS applications by allowing developers to code, debug and build webOS apps within a standard web browser.
Palm recommends that Ares users have the Mojo SDK v1.3.1 pre-installed, although it is not required.
Palm says Ares has been tested on:
- OSX: Safari 4.0+, Firefox 3.5+
- Windows: Chrome 3, 4, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4.0+
- Linux: Firefox 3.5+
Ares will not work on:
- Chrome 4 beta for mac (Launch, other plugin-related features don't work)
- Firefox 3.0.x
- Internet Explorer
Article Comments(95 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife