Garnet VM Beta 3 Released for Nokia Tablets
Access has released a new update to its Palm OS Garnet VM for Nokia Internet Tablets. New features in the Garnet VM Beta 3 (v1.02b) include various bug fixes in Garnet VM core components, some bug fixes in Garnet PIM applications and application compatibility updates for Billiards and Toxic Balls.
The Garnet VM is a virtual machine that essentially acts as an emulator with the ability to run native Palm OS applications on the Nokia N770, N800 and N810 devices. It supports over 30,000 native software applications written for the Palm OS, including some of the most popular mobile applications on the market, such as Google Maps, Bejeweled, SnapperMail and Sudoku.
The Garnet VM runs compatible Palm OS applications with a 320 x 480 screen resolution. There are settings to change the default storage size, display configuration and storage heap. Basic versions of the Palm OS Garnet Address Book, Calculator, Date Book and Memo Pad are included. Users are able to install any Palm OS application and can configure compatibilty per app (memory, display and device model).
The Garnet VM for Nokia Internet Tablets also includes Graffiti 1 character recognition, TCP/IP Networking support, the ability to Network Hotsync and language support for English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.
Article Comments(15 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain