Palm Announces Expanded Treo Pro Availability
Treo Pro, is listed as now being available through tech product distributor giants D&H, Ingram Micro, and Tech Data according to the company's latest Channelsource newsletter. The Pro's SRP is still indicated as the launch price of $549, so the price drop some had speculated was imminent (myself included) is not happening for the foreseeable future.
Palm has also just announced that the Treo Pro is now available in Latin America from carriers in seven countries.
The Pro's Latin American current availability is as follows:
- Argentina (Personal, Movistar, and Claro/America Movil)
- Chile (Entel)
- Costa Rica (ICE)
- Guatemala (Claro and Tigo)
- Mexico (Movistar and Telcel/America Movil)
- Panama (Movistar)
- Puerto Rico (Claro/America Movil)
In the US, the Treo Pro is currently available only as an unlocked handset, as the device remains a no-show in subsidized form on either AT&T or T-Mobile. A CDMA version for Sprint remains in rumorville.
The Treo Pro is Palm's new Quad-Band GSM phone (850/900/1800/1900MHz) with Tri-Band 3G HSDPA/UMTS (850/1900/2100MHz) support. It runs Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Edition on a 400 MHz Qualcomm MSM7201 processor with a 320x320 pixel flush touchscreen, 256MB memory (100MB user available), microSD expansion (up to 32GB supported), built in Wi-Fi (802.11b/g with WPA, WPA2, and 801.1x authentication), Bluetooth 2.0, GPS and a 2.0 megapixel camera.
Article Comments(5 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf