Internet Explorer Mobile Update Will Require New Devices
Microsoft has confirmed reports that the next version of its Mobile Internet Explorer browser will not be made available to existing device users. In a blog post and comment followup, Windows Mobile reps state that the updated IE Mobile will not be available as an upgrade or direct download for current phones, but rather will be made available on new phones. The company says "the rich media experiences that IE Mobile 6 enables require more powerful, advanced devices."
Microsoft first announced the new version of Mobile IE back in April when it first detailed Windows Mobile 6.1. A Microsoft employee named Khush posts that IE Mobile 6 is expected to show up in devices at the end of 2008 or early 2009.
Article Comments(24 comments)
- RE: PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -HyperScheduler
- PHEM: Palm Hardware Emulator for Android -Gekko
- What we learned from the BlackBerry era -Gekko
- HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: report -Gekko
- RE: Palm Pilot Android Theme -HyperScheduler
- Palm Pilot Android Theme -Gekko
- Sync is sunk. . . -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palmtop? -HyperScheduler