Palm SVP of Global Markets Leaving
Palm has filed a regulatory 8-K statement with the SEC indicating a "Change in Directors or Principal Officers." It turns out that Palm's Senior Vice President, Global Markets, John Hartnett will be leaving the company effective November 28. The circumstances around his departure were not disclosed.
John Hartnett has been a longtime Palm/palmOne/Handspring employee and joined Palm from the Handspring acquisition. He was promoted to Senior Vice President in May 2005. As a SVP he worked closely with and reported directly to the CEO Ed Colligan.
John's Bio on Palm.com defines his role as:
As senior vice president of global markets, John is responsible for Palm's sales and customer support for all channels, including retail, distribution, carrier, and eCommerce.
Before his current position, John was executive vice president of worldwide operations, service, support and eCommerce at Handspring, Inc. In October 2003, Handspring and palmOne became one, combined company. John was a member of the merger leadership team.
Before joining Handspring, John was senior vice president of U.S. marketing, support and operations for MetaCreations. There he was responsible for developing the marketing, branding and advertising strategies — including online marketing and website redesign.
Article Comments(22 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife