AT&T Lowers Centro Pricing for Back to School
Nearly lost amidst the media hullabaloo of Apple's much-hyped iPhone 3G announcement is the fact that AT&T are temporarily taking a hatchet to the price of their Palm OS-based Centro prices in order to get a jump on the back-to-school shopping season.
Effective immediately and concluding September 20th, AT&T is now offering an all-time low price of $69.99 after all instant and mail-in discounts on the usual 2yr contract. This pricing is valid for both online and in-store retail purchases. This new price is applicable for all colors of their GSM Centro, including the recently-released electric blue Centro as well as the obsidian black and glacier white colors.
While is the lowest price direct from AT&T, several other mobile phone vendors have been aggressively pricing the Centro for several months. A few examples of this are Best Buy regularly offering both the AT&T and Sprint versions of the Centro at the $49 even $39 price levels since late last year or even Letstalk.com offering a free Sprint Centro + 1gb microSD card for new signups.
In addition to the omnipresent "iPhone Effect", the GSM version of the Palm Centro lacks the true 3G data speeds available to its EVDO CDMA stablemates and therefore does make more sense when positioned as a slightly cheaper, budget-oriented model.
Article Comments(40 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife