Tapwave Shifting Focus?
The latest word from Tapwave is that the company is undergoing a transition and is moving away from creating their own branded models. However, the company still plans to develop co-branded products with other leading electronic companies and will continue to develop a next generation multimedia platform.
Tapland recently published an informative dialogue with Tapwave's Senior VP of Marketing, Byron Connell. In which he in part states:
Tapwave is starting to transition from offering Tapwave branded retail products to developing new co-branded products for OEM partners (i.e., other leading consumer electronic companies). These partners will be introducing future multimedia products based on both the Zodiac technology platform and Tapwave's next generation technologies. This approach allows us to leverage other company's brands, distribution, marketing funds and geographic expertise. Some of these partner companies are interested in delivering a next generation gaming experience, but most (with the arrival of Sony PSP) are really focused on working with us to create other mobile solutions – e.g., rich multimedia, navigation and communication.
Article Comments(52 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife