Palm Centro Extended Battery Preview
The Treonauts blog has published what looks to be a first look at an "official" extended Centro battery. Believe it or not, this new high-capacity battery comes not from aftermarket battery specialists Seidio but from Palm Inc themselves.
The new Centro battery offers a surprisingly robust 1850mAh of power but unfortunately at the expense of its slim size. This looks to be a "rumpshaker" battery in the grand style of Seidio's older 3200mAh offerings for the various Treo models.
Update: This new Centro Extended Battery kit is now on sale for $59.95.
According to the Treonauts review, Palm is advertising their new battery as having 5.6 hours of talk time in comparison to the 3.5 hours from the stock 1150mAh battery. This announcement is something of a surprise for the community, as Palm only in late January began offering spare original Centro batteries for sale on their website.
While Palm's new high capacity WILL work in both CDMA & GSM Centros, the only replacement battery door color being offered is in white for the AT&T GSM Centro. Presumably, Sprint Centro users who must have a battery right now can make do with a white battery door marring their appearance of their red, black or pink smartphones. The review does indicate that different color doors are in the works and should be available in the very near future. It's also worth noting that this mysterious extended Centro battery is not the same as the 2000mAh one being offered by Sprint that we reported on several weeks ago.
Article Comments(1 comment)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife