Rumor: HTC to Build Palm Windows Mobile Treo
According to a report from DigiTimes, the Chinese newspaper Commercial Times claims Taiwan-based High Tech Computer (HTC) will produce Palm's next generation Treo series smartphones including one using Microsoft's Windows Mobile operating system. Production is said to begin in the first quarter of next year.
The news follows last weeks posting of video of a supposed Palm Treo 670 running Windows Mobile 2005. That smartphone resembled two earlier rumored photos and reports from the spring of the unit that claimed it ran Windows Mobile.
HTC is currently the manufacturer of the Treo 650 smartphones as well as many other PDA's and phones that run Windows.
What is currently known about the Palm Treo 670 smartphone is that it features new EVDO wireless data support and a 1.3 megapixel camera. Engadget recently posted new photos of the device that clearly show the windows start and ok hardkeys. This new report could point towards a spring 2006 release timeframe.
Article Comments(160 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -zinzan
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Reference to the Palm Foleo -linds
- Reference to the Palm Foleo -HyperScheduler
- RE: WebOS smartwatch -Tuckermaclain
- WebOS smartwatch -BaalthazaaR
- Palm as a Zombie Brand? -dagwud
- RE: HP webOS dies on 1/15/15 -Gekko