LineUp Brings Widgets to the Palm OS
PDAPerformance has released LineUp for Palm OS, a widget environment based on their Saguaro platform. LineUp lets users download customized mini applications somewhat similar in concept to Apple dashboard widgets and Microsoft gadgets. However, LineUp differs as it acts as a environment all its own that allows you to view one widget at a time.
The 2.1MB application file unfortunately does not include any widgets, users will have to download each one individually from the developers website. There are 23 widgets available at this time, with almost all of them being relatively simple rss headline displays from popular news sites. The non-headline widget choices include a fortune cookie and magic eight-ball simulator. The company lists a weather display and world clock among the upcoming releases. The website seems to indicate plans to release tools for third party widget development, so hopefully the current limited selection will eventually improve.
LineUp will run on Palm OS 5 and higher devices. PDAPerformance recommends a device with at least a 300 MHz processor, 320x320 resolution display, 4MB dynamic heap memory and 4MB of free storage in order to run LineUp optimally.
LineUp comes with a 10 day free trial, after which the program costs $30 USD to purchase.
Article Comments(9 comments)
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife