Palm Says Foleo 2 Still on Track
According to the Wireless Week industry trade journal, a new version of the cancelled Foleo Mobile Companion running on Palm's next-generation Linux OS is still very much in Palm’s future product plans. Brad Smith of Wireless Week has posted a new article, "Palm Still Tracking the Foleo", discussing comments made by Palm's Joe Fabris (formerly of Microsoft) Amidst the frenzy of the recent CTIA show, about the company’s future plans.
The comments of Mr. Fabris echo similar comments made by a variety of industry insiders and analysts concerning the tremendous resource drain brought about by Palm’s attempts to simultaneously develop both a new in-house OS and product category of Mobile Companions.
The article goes on to state that Palm is establishing a clearly-defined division between Palm’s Windows Mobile offerings targeted at enterprise solutions, with its current and next-gen Palm OS products targeting individual consumers and small businesses.
Article Comments(131 comments)
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- Check out my apps! (Updated) -Gekko
- RE: Palm: I'm ready to wallow now -Gekko
- RE: Palm: I'm ready to wallow now -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm: I'm ready to wallow now -HyperScheduler
- RE: Palm: I'm ready to wallow now -richf
- RE: It saddens me that this is all -richf
- It saddens me that this is all -deucalion
- End times? -HyperScheduler