The Palm Foleo is a new mobile computing product from Palm Inc. The Foleo has a large 10.4" screen and full-size keyboard with which to view and edit email and office documents residing on a smartphone. Edits made on Foleo automatically are reflected on its paired smartphone and vice versa. The device stays in sync via a bluetooth connection and it also includes a built-in Wi-Fi radio for general Internet connectivity.
Key Capabilities of the Foleo Mobile Companion:
- One-button access to full-screen email
- Instant on, instant off
- Rapid access to various applications
- 10-inch screen and full-size keyboard (1024 x 600 pixels)
- Web search and browsing via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- Editors for Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus a PDF viewer
- Compact, stylish design that fits on an airline tray table
- Lightweight at 2.5 pounds
- Fast, simple and intuitive navigation
- 5-hour battery life
- Linux OS for easy application development
The Foleo was announced by Palm Founder Jeff Hawkins on May 30, 2007.
It will be available later this summer for $499 USD. (see below)
Palm Cancels the Foleo
The original Foleo was cancelled by Palm in September 2007. Company executives say they will eventually release an improved version at some point in the future based on Palm's next generation Linux Platform.
More of our Palm Foleo coverage can be found here:
- Palm Introduces the Foleo
- Foleo Details from the webcast announcement
- Palm Foleo Hands on gallery and impressions
- More Palm News
< Palm FAQ