Treo 800w Possible Mockup Image Posted
Rumor: A possible leaked image of what could be the Treo 800w has been posted on the TreoCentral forums. A poster claims to have used the device and that the mockup image comes from an internal Sprint presentation. If the reports are correct, this device would be notable for a series of "firsts: Palm’s first device to ship standard with WM6 and a touchscreen, Palm’s (and possibly the market's) first 320 x 320 Windows Mobile device, and Palm's first EVDO Rev.A device.
While no new details have been leaked alongside the image, earlier rumors indicated that the device was to be an EVDO Rev.A, 320x320, Windows Mobile 6 device. Bluetooth 2.0 and a 2.0 megapixel camera would also appear to be likely hardware choices, considering the strong specs of the recent Treo 500v. Wi-fi and even integrated GPS have even been mentioned in previous rumors. The traditional "smile"-shaped Treo keyboard makes a welcome return appearance but, like the seemingly smaller Centro, the keyboard omits the lower right shift key. The 800w’s 5-way navigator pad also looks like a strange hybrid between the flatter Tungsten E/5/TX design, the ring-shaped LifeDrive/Z22/Centro version, and the classic recessed Treo 600+ style.
No word as of yet if this device will be a Sprint or Verizon exclusive or if it will launch on both CDMA giants simultaneously like the 700p of 2006. The thread poster does indicate that the device has begun internal hardware beta testing so hopefully the earlier rumors indicating it would be available prior to the end of the year may yet come true.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah