Palm Likely to Launch Linux-based Smartphones
Digitimes has posted a vague article that quotes Palm's vice president for Asia-Pacific as saying that Palm is likely to launch Linux-based smartphones while continuing to roll out mobile phones supporting its own Palm operating system.
The author does seem to confuse Palm with PalmSource later in the article. Though the linux quote is attributed to Palm the hardware company. (since corrected) It is widely known that PalmSource is working on a linux based version of the Palm OS. It is due to be completed in the second half of 2006.
Thanks to Pat Horne & LegoDude522 for the tip.
Article Comments(21 comments)
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W